Saturday 16 August 2008

More allotment follies from Sarah...

"Boy do I wish I had a photo of today. Firstly all I could hear when approaching plot 20 was the clunking of a JCB digger. It was only when I was standing next to the pumpkins that i realised Mr JCB was clearing the other side of our fence! We can now spy on golfers until shed-mahal blots the view.

Today's proud accomplishment was mowing down the jungle with my new favorite tool....Handy manual mower! Best £39 we will have ever spent.

I got two thirds of the way up the allotment when what can only be described by meteorologists as a 'significant rain event' came with warning. This was no passing shower. Heavy rain gave way to torrential downpour that truly wouldn't stop.
I had previously vowed to take very good care of handy mower (no rusting blades!) but ended up chucking it next to the chairs, covered in grass, oh the shame.

I would have made a speedy exit but for my drowned rat of a shivering, terrified dog who refused to budge. I then had to beg, pull, shout and finally drag/carry Belly out of there (a photo moment if there ever was one).

Whoever comes past our plot will note a randomly half-finished mowing job to add to our list of incompetence. To my credit I did remember to lock the gate!"

No comments:

Allotment Follies

Hello one and all. This is a simple accounting of what happens when 3 over-achieving London ladies decide to try a bit of The Good Life. All comments, advice, encouragement welcome!

View from the far side

View from the far side